Internet speed refers to how much data and information can be transferred over the web on a single connection at any given time. This is important because your internet speed determines what types of activities you can do on the internet, as well as how many devices you can connect at once.
If your internet speed is too slow, you might run into trouble performing tasks on the web like streaming video, playing video games or uploading files. Understanding how you and your family use the internet at home will help you determine which internet speeds you need for the best internet experience.
1. Free first month of service eligible on 1 Gig and 2 Gig fiber internet orders only. Regular rates apply after the first month.
2. 100% Fiber Optic network not available in all areas. Internet speeds are up to the maximum advertised upload and download speed available based on a wired connection. Speeds may vary by location and are not guaranteed.
3. Free installation eligible on all tiers from 200 Mbps – 5 Gig.
4. Promotional Fiber Internet rates are for the first 12 months of service only. Taxes, fees, and surcharges are extra and subject to change at any time. Promotional rates require purchase of listed services as described. After the first 12 months, then-current standard rates apply after the 12th month. Limited-time offer; subject to change or end without notice. Offer not valid with any other offer or promotion. Offer is only available to new residential accounts in Lumos markets where fiber is available. Downgrades from existing plans with Lumos will not qualify for the first-month discount. Services are subject to all applicable service terms and conditions found at lumosfiber.com, subject to change at any time. Equipment and additional services are extra. Service not available in all areas. Restrictions apply. All rights reserved.
5. Promotional Visa Prepaid Card: Eligible orders of 500 Mbps may receive a $100 Visa Reward Card. Eligible orders of 1 Gig or 2 Gig may receive $200 Visa Reward Card. Offer expires 10/31/2023. Card is issued by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. No cash access or recurring payments. Can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Card valid for up to 6 months after redemption; unused funds will forfeit after the valid thru date. Card terms and conditions apply. Customer must be current on their bill and in good standing. Card will be virtual and delivered via email and customers will be eligible to redeem 90 days after installation.